Day 4: Couples' Shower!

Today I had this cutie patootie to help me as I got stuff done for the shower. Caleb is still with his grandparents in Brevard and apparently having a great time. So far, he has been to the fish hatchery with Grandpa Wayne, to Marco Trattoria (a YUMMY Italian restaurant in downtown Brevard) for lunch, and to O.P. Taylor's Toy Store to shop around a bit (he got a Thomas the Tank Engine).

I worked around the house this morning and shopped at the Dollar Tree for a few decor items with Adam. We ate lunch at the house, packed up the car, then I dropped him off at Mom and Dad's to take a nap while I went to Nana's house to set up. I had a lot of helpers there!

Here's Grandad cutting open all of the canned drinks for me!
And Nana, who is wrapping up my prizes!
Here is my lovely (pregnant) cousin Amanda (she is 31 weeks along and looks fabulous!). She did the decor (along with Nana) and even plated up these little chocolate rings I had made.
One of the rings actually had a black diamond and a white band. The person who got that one in their favor cup got a prize. Turned out, it was Amanda's mom (Joan) who won it!
Here's everyone sitting down enjoying each other's company. We had around 25 guests!
We had sliders, pigs in blankets (which were delicious but had run out by the time I took pictures), veggies with dill dip, fruit, pickles/olives, and brownie grills for dessert. "Brownie grills?" you ask? Well, I posted a pic below to help you visualize...
Aren't they adorable? Prepare a brownie mix according to package directions. Place in lined muffin tins. Sprinkle with orange sugar to resemble hot coals. Bake until done (about 25 minutes for mine). When cool, pipe on black grill grates (I bought some pre-made black gel icing at A.C. Moore for $1.00) and then add Hot Tamales for hot dogs and caramel chews (cut in half and shaped like a T-bone) for the steaks. Pipe on grill marks on the "meat" and you're done!
Here's the happy couple!
We played a Mad Lib game that described the Wedding Day. Then, everyone read theirs aloud which was a scream!
Nana kept Adam occupied with the cool touch lamp she has in her living room!
Ben and Steph got these cool oven mitts to use for the oven, but instead they saw it as an opportune time to do some more smoochin'. *sigh* Kids these days...
A fun time was had by all...I was exhausted by the end of the night, but it was a good kind of exhaustion. Glad it went so well!


1 Response to "Day 4: Couples' Shower!"

  1. Nana says:
    September 1, 2011 at 12:15 AM

    Sure had a great time with all the folks at Bennett's and Stephanye's kitchen shower, lots of nice gifts. Adam had fun dancing, playing the drum in Nana's bedroom, we missed Caleb, but he was happy with Wayne and Brenda..Thanks to all who shared in our happiness, now we wait for LIL Man to come to Amanda and Trent, MimiJ and Bubba love Nana Shirley