MONDAY MORNING- NO BABY YET...

Hey guys, well, here I am, 41 weeks and 2 days pregnant, and I feel like I'm back to square one. Forgive me for not writing a more positive post, but I need somewhere to let off some steam. I know all of these thoughts will be gone once Adam is born, but for right now, they are in the forefront of my mind. I'm dreading the thought of an induction tomorrow...and for those of you who are wondering why, the reason is simple: last time, I had to be induced with Caleb. I chose to labor drug-free (and never regretted it), and the contractions came on hard and fast, with hardly any time between to catch my breath. I was not able to get out of bed to walk around, bounce on a ball, etc.. I could not eat from midnight the previous night on, and the only things I could eat throughout the day were ice chips (full of flavor, as you know) and popsicles. By the time I started pushing at 3:00pm, I had NO energy whatsoever to draw from. It was exhausting. Thankfully, Caleb was born two hours later, healthy.

We have a doctor's appointment scheduled for this morning at 10:20am to see where things lie. She knows that I do not want to be induced, but I will ask her how to make this induction tomorrow better than last time. After the appointment, we'll head to Mom and Dad's house and play with Caleb since we haven't seen him since Saturday night. We'll update after that!

1 Response to "MONDAY MORNING- NO BABY YET..."

  1. Mimi's Adventures in Beaufort says:
    February 22, 2010 at 11:10 AM

    Hi, Emily and Eric
    Know that Mimi and Grandpa Wayne are praying for you. You are such a good parents. We are praying for you. Emily, you have been such a trooper with the last couple of weeks. Know that MiMi and Grandpa Wayne love you and we are a couple of big cheerleaders for you.

    Emily, do me a favor and wrap your arms around yourself and give yourself a big hug.You desire it.

    We love you so much.