40 weeks…and counting…(each second as it goes by)

It’s very funny to get to a due date and….nothing happens. :) The whole day, I have had this big cloud of “maybe” over my head. The hard thing to realize is that even though today is Adam’s due date, he may not come. At all. For another week!! Let me tell you—it was hard enough to wait until today (especially since I thought I was not going to make it past the end of January). I’m sure it is going to be even harder to wait past today!! I do need something to keep me distracted! IMG_3184 Ah yes, the infamous grey cover shirt. This was one of the best articles of clothing this pregnancy as it is one of TWO shirts that still fit me! You can put any long sleeve shirt underneath to keep you warm, but it covers the giant beach ball belly quite nicely.

IMG_3185

And the black velour jogging pants (maternity jogging pants, mind you…however, I can safely say that I have NEVER jogged in them, pregnant or otherwise). I quit wearing my jeans anywhere except for church (as I have no dress pants/skirts that still fit me), and these pants have been my friend.

IMG_3186

And here I am, 40 weeks exactly, with Adam safely tucked inside. I went and walked around Sam’s Club (at a leisurely pace this time, I assure you) with Eric and had a great time watching people’s faces react when I told them that I was due today. I need a project to do to keep my mind off waiting. I am staying close to home tomorrow (Sunday) instead of going to church as I prefer to be close to the hospital should I go into labor. Monday, I have a doctor’s appointment at 9:40am, so maybe they’ll offer me some guidance on how to get this baby out. I really do not want to be induced at all, but I also don’t want to have a C-section. It’s all in God’s hands now! We’ll keep you posted!

3 Response to "40 weeks…and counting…(each second as it goes by)"

  1. Cathy says:
    February 13, 2010 at 5:12 PM

    hang in there Mama! won't be long!
    Love, Mom

  2. Amanda and Phillip says:
    February 13, 2010 at 7:02 PM

    We'll be praying! Can't wait to hear news! :) Love ya!

  3. Lancelot says:
    June 29, 2014 at 12:17 PM
    This comment has been removed by the author.