GOD IS GOOD-EVEN WHEN WE DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON!

Hello again! Okay, so to continue my post from before, while an induction would not be my first choice, there are several things that are going to make this better than last time.
1) I can eat...this is AMAZING considering last time, I couldn't eat anything from midnight the previous night on. This was not helpful as I had no energy to draw on when it came to pushing. I can have a hearty breakfast of eggs and muffins (basically protein and fiber) which will give me energy throughout the day, then once I'm in the hospital, and am at 4cm, I can still have clear liquids (broth, jello, Gatorade, etc.). I'm so grateful!
2) I can MOVE- once they administer the Ptocin (the drug that induces), I can sit in a comfy rocking recliner they have in the room, and at least be upright. Last time, I got the Ptocin IV, and I had to lay flat on my back in bed. Not fun, at all. They even said if I'm doing okay (and the baby's doing okay), I can wear a portable monitor and go walking! So amazing!
3) If Adam comes down a little on his own (right now, he is still high up), they will actually break my water (a natural form of induction usually) before they administer Ptocin to see if that will bring contractions on naturally. This cannot do this unless he drops further down because it might cause the umbilical cord to drop below Adam and cause problems during delivery. So please pray that he would descend a little more so we can try that and possibly avoid having to be induced in the first place!

My OB-GYN thinks that it is going to be a quick labor, as I'm already almost 4cm (sometimes, it takes a long time to get to 4cm), so that is encouraging. She thinks that although he is a big baby, he isn't HUGE, and she is confident that I can still deliver without a C-section. Yay!

Some things you can pray for:
1) that both Eric and I would get a great night's sleep tonight. We'll need our energy tomorrow!
2) that baby Adam would decide to come on so we don't have to be induced
3) that baby Adam would at least drop a little, so we don't have to be given Ptocin right off the bat
4) that my energy would stay throughout the day, and that I would remain calm and remember all the things I learned from labor class so I can try to deliver drug-free (and that I would be open to medical intervention if absolutely necessary).

Thanks to everyone who has come along with us on this journey! Can't wait to post pics tomorrow! We'll keep everyone updated here and on Facebook, so keep checking back!

2 Response to "GOD IS GOOD-EVEN WHEN WE DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON!"

  1. Amanda and Phillip says:
    February 22, 2010 at 7:06 PM

    Woooo hoooo!!! :)

  2. Nana says:
    February 23, 2010 at 11:08 AM

    Can't wait to see all of you when Adam gets here, love you and off to get a perm and await the good news... God is there, Jesus is in your big heart Emily.

    Love, NAna Shirley