39 WEEKS 4 DAYS...3 DAYS TO GO!

Well friends, it seems that Adam is in no hurry to make an appearance! I was called in for an ultrasound this morning and the ultrasound tech measured baby Adam as weighing 8 lbs. 12 oz. (ironically the same thing as Caleb), give or take a pound. I did not get to discuss the results of the ultrasound with my OBGYN as she had gone to lunch by the time I got out of the ultrasound. However, she is supposed to call me if she wants me to come in and discuss the ultrasound.

I'm having some mixed feelings about this whole situation....

GOOD THINGS:
> Adam is in a good position.. head down!
> He's healthy (albeit a bit big) with a great heartbeat
> I have just the right amount of amniotic fluid...not too much, not too little
> The doctors are not gonna induce as of now, and they aren't concerned with needing to do a C-section.
> I've been feeling great, although large, these past couple of days.

BAD THINGS:
> I'm a planner...so this "unsure about when labor is gonna start" is foreign to me. I was induced with Caleb, so it was yet another thing I could put on my Google calendar!
> I'm nervous that the longer I don't go into labor, the bigger Adam is gonna get. As I'm trying to give birth sans drugs, giving birth naturally to a huge baby could smart a little.
> I'm also nervous that the longer I go without giving birth, the bigger he is gonna get, and the more likely I'm going to have to have a C-section. I'm not against C-sections, but they just seem to be performed a lot these days, and I really don't want one. At all.

*sigh* It's weird being out of control of a situation. It's unnerving to not have a "say" in the matters. This is a good thing for me though. It helps me rely on God and His timing versus my timing/comfort level. If you think about it, please be praying that we will be satisfied in God...that we will not "fault" Him for not bringing Adam on our timing preference, and that we would not be anxious "...for who by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" (Matt 6:27). Anyway, maybe Adam will be here soon!!

2 Response to "39 WEEKS 4 DAYS...3 DAYS TO GO!"

  1. Nana says:
    February 11, 2010 at 10:28 AM

    I am so glad to read about Adam and his progress, I know the anxiety that goes with child birth, we just can't get them here soon enough:-) Praying Adam will appear soon, on the 14th, a beautiful valentine. Then you will have three valentines. (including Eric) God bless and keep you at a non stressful level, Adam will come soon. You are a special MOM.
    Nana and Grdad Rider

  2. Nana says:
    February 11, 2010 at 10:33 AM

    Dear Mley:

    Be patient, Adam will arrive real soon. Everyone at the hospital keep asking me when Adam will be here, I answer them, "As soon as Emily tells me he is here, I will let you know" One good thing, the hosptial is closer, thank goodness. God Bless and love
    Grandad Jim (we will go to Burber King soon again.)