Right on time...

So, here's a funny story about Adam. He's known for awhile how to read the time on a clock, but lately has become fascinated by it.  The other day, at 2:20pm, I told him it was time for "quiet time" in his room and told him he could read or play quietly, and I'd be back at 3:20pm to get him. He says, "Ok!" and I walk down the hall, settle myself into my chair for some "quiet time" and I hear Adam say from his room, "It's 2:21...". I thought "How cute...he's checking the time on his new clock." Then, a minute later, I heard, "It's 2:22.....". I thought, "Surely he's not going to do this every minute for an HOUR".

Oh, but he did. Every minute.

It was almost like Chinese water torture, except instead of the water drops, 
I had a 3 year old chiming the time every single minute.

 I'd be lying if I said it never got old.

I'd also be lying if I told you that I didn't giggle every time he did it. :)

When I walked in (a hour or "60 long minutes later"), Adam was standing at his nightstand, holding his clock and watching the minutes change. I don't even think he played or read anything. But, hey, if it entertained him for an hour, that makes me smile. :)

1 Response to "Right on time..."

  1. Unknown says:
    January 28, 2014 at 6:28 PM

    Love it! I remember how excited he was to get "his own" clock from our garage sale. Precious!