Almost there…37 weeks along!

Well, baby Adam has officially made it to “full term”. I had originally thought that 36 weeks was full term, but actually it is 37 weeks. His lungs are fully developed and if he were to come early, most likely, he wouldn’t have to go into the NICU. The doctor yesterday said that she estimates that he is right now around 7 pounds (about a pound more than the average baby at 37 weeks), and she expects him to be around 8 pounds at time of delivery. Given that Caleb was 8 lbs. 12 oz, I’m just fine delivering an 8 pounder. :) I’m having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, but as of yesterday, was not dilated at all. Adam is still in head down position, with his fanny on the right side of my belly (if you are looking at me), and his feet on the right side of my belly. He still loves to kick and stretch a lot, but thankfully it does not hurt as he is not under my ribs. I have about 2 pairs of pants and 3 shirts that I can wear (in public, that is)…at home, you’ll usually find me sporting a midriff-baring shirt that will not fit over my huge belly. Caleb is really excited about having a baby brother…he loves to pull up my shirt and kiss and hug my bare belly (another thing I’m trying to teach him NOT to do in public). Baby Adam’s room is ready to go. I used the same motif as Caleb (Classic Winnie-the-Pooh), and still love it just as much. Here are some pictures below!IMG_3084IMG_3085The first two pictures are of Adam’s crib (obviously) with a sheet set that I got for FREE at a consignment shop. The “header/pillow” thing with Pooh on it had a tiny tear in the back, which Mom quickly repaired, but as it was with a whole set consisting of a crib sheet and crib “skirt”, the lady at the shop wound up giving everything to me for free. What a blessing! The painting of Pooh bear was done by Mom for Caleb’s room. There is also a coordinating one of Tigger, and she is painting one of Piglet for baby Adam, so now we will have a collection of three to hang on the wall! IMG_3086Another angle of the crib and laundry hamper. Notice that the laundry hamper only has one button on it. That is because the other wooden button has yet to be sewn back on…I posted this to keep myself accountable for fixing it! I found some great under the crib storgae bins where I’m keeping extra sets of sheets and blankets.IMG_3089I did not really know what to do with this dormer area to begin with, and although it looks a little crammed, at least we’ve been able to get some extra storage (and find a place for the WONDERFUL glider). Eric installed the three shelves on the wall to provide extra storage for knick knacks, pictures, and toys. We moved the hope chest to under the three shelves, which was actually a great idea because Caleb immediately climbed up there and started “reading” his books while I sat in the chair. I’m sure this will be wonderful in the future when I’m feeding Adam and Caleb still wants to be around Mommy!IMG_3090The changing table is below..again, the same one we used for Caleb. Both the crib and the changing table were probably the most expensive thing we “invested” in for Caleb’s nursery, which has definitely paid off as we are going to still be able to use it for Adam’s nursery too!IMG_3091I had a pair of foam couches that I was given by my grandmother and I thought this would be a great place to use them. This way, I don’t have to run up and down the stairs every time Adam cries in case we have a bad night. I found the sage green microsuede Roman shades at Tuesday Morning for only $13 a piece! :) IMG_3092Anyway, we sure are looking forward to meeting this little guy. He’s been fun to carry around for 9 months, but we are both now to the point that we can’t wait to meet him and hold him. It’s so surreal to think that (hopefully) in the next few weeks, we are going to have a total change in our routine as another baby boy gets welcomed into our home! Thank you to EVERYONE who has showered us with encouragement, gifts, and prayers! We’ll be sure to let you know when he gets here! Oh, and here are a couple of pictures of me at 37 weeks along…please pardon the hair, lack of makeup, and outfit as all three things have slipped by the wayside these past few weeks!

IMG_3099IMG_3101

5 Response to "Almost there…37 weeks along!"

  1. Missy says:
    January 23, 2010 at 8:47 PM

    SO excited for you guys!!! I love the baby room--and the little dormer bed area. What a fabulous idea! That WILL be so perfect to have Caleb there with you too when you need to feed Adam. Aw, so exciting!!!

  2. *~*Amanda*~* says:
    January 25, 2010 at 1:44 PM

    ahhhhhhhhhhhh the nursery is SO cute!! :) I love the little dormer area.. very cute! Can't wait to meet the little guy :) love you!

  3. Helen Joy says:
    January 25, 2010 at 5:13 PM

    The nursery looks great! And so do you! I want to come take your mind off the waiting some time this week or next! Maybe a chick flick and I can bring you lunch or something.

  4. Amanda and Phillip says:
    January 26, 2010 at 10:00 PM

    As always, you're looking wonderful. Thanks for the pictures and the update--hope we can make it up to see you (all 4 of you!) sometime before long! Love ya.

  5. Nana says:
    January 28, 2010 at 7:59 PM

    Just got around to reading and all is so nice, Adam's room is special, just like Caleb when he was a new born... Thanks to God you take so much praycious time for the children. I really know how to spell precious,, but Caleb tells me I am precious using pray. :-) We love you and yours and will be happy to hear that Adam is here... Nana and Grdad Rider