38 weeks…2 to go!

Well, as much as I’ve wanted to meet this baby, I implored him NOT to come this weekend as 10” of snow has been dropped on us! Just in case some funny business starts happening (a.k.a I go into labor), Eric has parked his Ford Explorer Sport Trac at the bottom of our driveway. Grandma Cathy came and got Caleb yesterday afternoon to stay with them for the weekend, just in case I went into labor. Caleb seems to be having lots of fun over there! (See her recent blog post at Mom's blog.) For those of you who may not know, I’ll be having Adam at Park Ridge Hospital (Baby Center) which has a brand spankin’ new Baby Center. There is a Jacuzzi tub, a 42” plasma TV in each room with internet hook up, a 5 star chef in the kitchen, and lots of caring personnel. Eric and I looked at their menu of the stuff that you can order from the hospital menu (check out the Cafe Menu), and found some scrumptious items listed, stuff like: Lemon Herb Crusted Cod with Florentine Ravioli, Stuffed Baby Zucchini, Baked Chicken with Corn Macque Choux & Adobo BBQ Sauce, and Wild Mushroom Risotto. I crack myself up when I get more excited about eating at the hospital than giving birth there! (not really…but you know what I mean). Anyway, we’re very excited to have such a great hospital so close to our home. I always thought I’d have our baby at Mission St. Joseph’s in Asheville, NC, but once I realized how long the drive could be, I started looking for hospitals closer to Hendersonville. God has truly answered our prayers!

2 Response to "38 weeks…2 to go!"

  1. Brecken says:
    January 31, 2010 at 10:02 AM

    Park Ridge does have a really nice birthing center and the food is not bad. I remember it from clinicals during nursing school. I think it is a good choice- you will be happy with it!

  2. Nana says:
    February 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM

    Park ridge is a nice hospital, I spent 15 days there many moons ago, they treated me so kind. Love you and praying for you all.
    Nana Shirley