Three days and counting!

Well we have three days till we leave for Edisto Island! This will be Caleb's first trip (well, second...first one was in utero) to the beach. We are going with my mom and dad, my brother, and my mom's parents. We are going to visit Eric's parents who live in Beaufort while we are down there. Any suggestions on places to eat or things to do in the Edisto area?

We've been in the house now (believe it or not) for a little over a month. It is slowly taking the shape of a home, although I need to do a better job at keeping it neater. Of course, having a 10 month old come behind me and mess things up a bit doesn't help the situation at all!!

Yes, Caleb will be 10 months old as of the Saturday, the 24th. He is crawling like crazy, pulling up on things, and letting go, standing unassisted, for 5 seconds at a time! He's learned how to drink out of a sippy cup without any help from me (no more bottles for him!). He loves to eat veggies, fruits, cheese, ice cream, well, just about everything except for cottage cheese. Not that I blame him for I do not like it plain either. He loves bouncing, going for stroller rides, shopping (he's a good shopper!!), throwing stuff on the floor, anything musical, anything with flashing lights, pulling the cats' tails, and basically getting into anything that is NOT for children. How do kids know what is off limits? And why do they gravitate towards that versus their cute, loud, blinky toys that are designed for them? *sigh* I'll never know...

Have a great day everyone!!

1 Response to "Three days and counting!"

  1. Amanda and Phillip says:
    May 21, 2008 at 6:06 PM

    One thing you HAVE TO do in Edisto is watch the sun rise on the beach. Sounds corny, but it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I can't remember the seafood place we ate at, but it was really good (except I didn't like the crab cakes very much... but I don't think I like crab cakes in general, lol).

    Hope you guys have a fabulous time at the beach, though. It's a beautiful area, and awesome because it's not over-touristy. (Hey, new word!) I hope you guys have a wonderful anniversary, as well. :) We can't wait to have you here, sometime when you get back!! :)

    Take care, and drive safe. Take lots of pictures! :) Have a great time!