A Story I Heard...

A blind woman was about to celebrate her 95th birthday. Her three sons had gathered to talk about what each of them was going to give her.

The first son said, "I am building Mom a huge house, with LOTS of rooms!"

The second son said, "I am going to buy Mom a Mercedes with a driver, so she can get out and go places when she wants."

The third son said, "I know how much Mom likes the Bible, so I got Mom a unique parrot. It has been trained by monks to recite the entire Old Testament. It is truly a one of a kind bird. All she has to do is talk to it."

A few weeks later, after receiving her gifts, the mother wrote to her three sons.

To the first one, she wrote, "The huge home was not the ideal present for me. I only live in one room but have to clean the WHOLE house!"

To the second one, she wrote, "I don't know why you sent a Mercedes. I never travel and the driver is SO rude."

To the third one, she wrote, "You have the good sense to know exactly what I would want for my birthday. The chicken was delicious."

1 Response to "A Story I Heard..."