Life...as we know it

So, as I am sitting here typing this, I can hear my (very loud) son making all sorts of vocal sounds from his crib around the corner. Here are some facts about Caleb:
- He is almost 8 months old (will turn 8 months on the 24th of March)
- He is 24" long, 20 lbs (my biceps are HUGE), and very strong
- He knows how to clap, which came from many hours of practice with Papa. He will also clap "on cue" if you say "Yay!!", but draw it more out, so it sounds more like, "Yaaaayyyy!"
- He loves peas, green beans, and sweet potatoes
- He is almost crawling (although I am in no hurry to see him mobile)
- His eyes are this strange green/brown color...should be interesting when filling out his driver's license form ("Eye Color: unknown")
- He loves to be VERY vocal in church, but only during the silent prayers. He does not like to compete with the worship singing
- He will not take a pacifier (he decided that he had had enough of that at two months of age)
- He loves to go shopping with Mommy and Grandma, although Daddy tries to undo that by making him watch football and other guy stuff on TV
- He is fascinated by touch lamps...I need to buy him one for his room once we move.
- He adores cats...even though they are not so enamored by him

Caleb is a blast to be around...I never knew someone so young (say, 7 months) could make me laugh so hard. He truly is competition to other stand up comedians...(and usually, a whole lot cleaner in the language department).

I'll post some more pictures now, since that is what most of you guys want to see! Thanks for checking in!

3 Response to "Life...as we know it"

  1. Mimi's Adventures in Beaufort says:
    March 14, 2008 at 3:07 PM

    Hi, Emily

    Thanks for sending this to me. I enjoy looking at all of you and seeing Caleb makes me smile. I thought about you guys about 12:30PM as Wayne and I were picking strawberries and wished that you guys were with us. I can't wait to see you and hope it will be soon.

    Love you bunches, Mama B

  2. Amanda and Phillip says:
    March 17, 2008 at 5:38 PM

    It was so great to see you guys!! We can't wait to do it again. You have an absolutely adorable son, and I have a feeling he's going to grow up to be something of a ham... (hm... can't imagine where I might have gotten that idea from... :-P) Also, I'm so glad you guys have started this again! :) It's good to keep in touch. See you soon!

  3. Leah says:
    April 9, 2008 at 9:32 PM

    Hi Emily! I just found your blog! I can't wait to see pictures of the inside of your new house, I hope all the moving went well! And just out of curiousity, how long was Caleb at 2 months, becuase Benjamin was a little over 24" at his last (2 month) appointment, so we may have a giant on our hands!